A Tradition of Excellence Since 1920
Preferred Utilities Manufacturing Corporation is an engineering-based manufacturer of products for commercial, institutional, industrial and nuclear power facilities. Our products include fuel oil handling systems and components, boiler instrumentation and controllers, high quality burners and nuclear power plant outage reduction tools and component parts. Continuous research and development is applied to our existing products and is helping us to lead the industry with new and innovative power plant solutions.
Preferred’s manufacturing, engineering, and administrative headquarters is located in Danbury, Connecticut with regional sales offices located in Massachusetts and Texas. Preferred’s regional sales offices serve to continuously strengthen independent sales representative organization’s sales and service activities throughout North America.
- Seneca Foods Reduces Fuel and Electricity Costs with XPlus Burner and Controls Retrofit
- Preferred supplies equipment and expertise to save over $50,000 per year of fuel and over $3,000 worth of electricity with a new burner. The reduction in natural gas consumption would reduce the plant's carbon dioxide emissions by over 600,000 lbs per year. In addition, up to a quarter of the heat input of this burner comes from the digester gas produced from corn and bean waste produced by the cannery.
- Generator Fuel Systems Affect Uptime
- Whether for a data center, health-care building or 911 call center, a great deal of time and effort are put into the design of the emergency backup generators, switch gear and UPS equipment that supply emergency backup power. Often very little attention is given to the design of the fuel oil supply system necessary to run the generators. A badly designed fueld system can cause a power interuption just as certainly as a failure of the the downstream equipment.
- Understanding Fuel Savings in the Boiler Room
- Because of their relatively low capital cost and high impact on boiler efficiency, burner and combustion control retrofits offer boiler owners the quickest paybacks based on energy savings.